Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Santa Claus Is Coming to Town

When I was little, starting right after Thanksgiving, my parents would begin threatening us that if we weren't good Santa would leave us a lump of coal in our stocking. One year, probably just as I was beginning to question the logic of a big, magic, man traversing the globe in one night, I actually DID get a lump of real coal in my stocking. My parents probably did this to scare me into believing for the benefit of my younger siblings. To this day, I am still traumatized and shamed by that morning when I reached into my stocking and pulled out my sooty hand filled with charcoal from our BBQ.

Now that I have kids, I find myself making those same threats, "Santa's watching you!", "If you're not good, you might find a lump of coal in your stocking!" Today, while shopping at Target I found this:



Coal shaped bubble gum! I actually bought a sack. I plan on giving it to all three girls in their Advent calendar on a particularly naughty day. Hopefully, being gum, it won't traumatize them as much as actual coal but will have the same scared straight effect. I suppose, if it does traumatize them, they can just add it to my bill for their adult therapy.

2 comments:

  1. We are our parents aren't we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, this is Stephanie from MysticArt Pictures - we are a casting and production company in Burbank. I'm writing because I'm casting a new family show, and I you might be a great resource. We are casting a docu-series called "Timeout" for a very major network and was hoping to tell you more about it. We are looking for couples who have at least 2 kids between the ages of 7-17, and where one parent feels they might be a workaholic. This show promises to be transformative and uplifting, giving parents the tools to maintain a healthy life/work balance.

    I would be so appreciative if you could let subscribers of your website know about the opportunity, or if you can think of anybody you know personally who might fit the profile. I have attached our flyer with more information. Any email blasts or word of mouth would be so helpful. I'm happy to discuss the show in more detail if you have any questions or concerns.

    Thanks again!

    --
    Stephanie Lewis
    818.563.4131

    TV CASTING: ATTENTION FAMILIES

    Award Winning Company, Mystic Art Pictures is seeking Families who desperately need to reconnect for a New Ground Breaking Series! This is an opportunity to have your life changed and your family transformed!

    ****MUST HAVE MINIMUM OF 2 CHILDREN BETWEEN THE AGES OF 7-17
    ****MUST LIVE IN LOS ANGELES AREA!

    If you answer, “YES” to any of the following questions, we would love to consider your family for our amazing new life-changing series.
    -Are you a career woman who is also trying to balance your home life?
    -Are you a parent who’s torn between family and career?
    -Are your kids complaining that you are never home?
    -Are you worried that you are missing important events in your kid’s lives?
    -Is your spouse working too much and leaving the parenting up to you?
    -Kids, do you miss Mom or Dad because they are always working?

    …We want to hear your story!

    To have your family considered please email;
    a FAMILY PHOTO, CONTACT INFO, & BREIF DETAILS ABOUT YOUR STORYcastingtimeout@gmail.com or 818-563-4131
    or visit www.mysticartpictures.com - to apply for “TIMEOUT”

    ReplyDelete